Global justice, state duties : the extraterritorial scope of economic, social, and cultural rights in international law /
- Publication info:
- New York : Cambridge University Press, 2013.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
|Due: Aug 21, 2019||LAW-BOOK|
On the Shelf
- Global justice, state duties : the extraterritorial scope of economic, social, and cultural rights in international law / edited by Malcolm Langford, Wouter Vandenhole, Martin Scheinin, Willem van Genugten.
- Other Authors:
New York : Cambridge University Press, 2013
- Item Description:
"The project commenced with a presentation of papers by various scholars in human rights and/or international law on 24-26 January 2008 at a conference in Tilburg, Netherlands ... the book was further developed and additional authors were added"--Preface, p. xvii.
- Physical Description:
xviii, 477 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Introduction : an emerging field / Malcolm Langford, Wouter Vandenhole, Martin Scheinin and Willem van Genugten
- On terminology : extraterritorial obligations / Mark Gibney
- Extraterritorial duties in international law / Malcolm Langford, Fons Coomans and Felipe Gómez Isa
- International financial institutions, transnational corporations and duties of states / Smita Narula
- Extraterritorial human rights and the concept of 'jurisdiction' / Maarten den Heijer and Rick Lawson
- Jurisdiction : towards a reasonableness test / Cedric Ryngaert
- Just another word? : jurisdiction in the roadmaps of state responsibility and human rights / Martin Scheinin
- Causality and extraterritorial human rights obligations / Sigrun I. Skogly
- Deprivation, causation and the law of international cooperation / Margot E. Salomon
- Division of responsibility between states / Ashfaq Khalfan
- Extraterritorial human rights obligations and the north-south divide / Wouter Vandenhole and Wolfgang Benedek
- Remedies and reparation / Dinah Shelton
- Accountability mechanisms / Ashfaq Khalfan
- Moral theory, international law and global justice / Malcolm Langford and Mac Darrow
- Annex 1. International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights
- Annex 2. Maastricht Principles on Extraterritorial Obligations of States in the Area of Economic, Social and Cultural Rights.