The globalization of health care : legal and ethical issues /
- Publication info:
- Oxford [UK] ; New York : Oxford University Press, c2013.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
|Due: Sep 03, 2019||LAW-BOOK|
On the Shelf
- The globalization of health care : legal and ethical issues / edited by I. Glenn Cohen.
- Other Authors:
Oxford [UK] ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2013
- Item Description:
"... Harvard University on Ethics and Health for helping me organize the conference at Harvard Law School in May 2011 that prompted this book"--Acknowledgments, p. xi.
- Physical Description:
xxiv, 454 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Patient mortality in medical tourism : examining news media reports of deaths following travel for cosmetic surgery and bariatric surgery / Leigh Turner
- Jurisdiction 101 for medical tourism purchases made in Europe / Thomas R. McLean
- Canadian print news media coverage of medical tourism : examining key themes and ethical gaps / Valorie A. Crooks, Jeremy Snyder, Leigh Turner, Krystyna Adams, Rory Johnston, and Victoria Casey
- Cross-border health care and the hydraulics of health reform / Nathan Cortez
- Current legislation on cross-border healthcare in the European Union / Hilko J. Meyer
- Medical tourism and global justice / I. Glenn Cohen
- The proportionality problem in cross-border reproductive care / Richard F. Storrow
- Open fertility borders : defending access to cross-border fertility care in the United States / Kimberly M. Mutcherson
- Tourism : a matter of life and death in the United Kingdom / Hazel Biggs and Caroline Jones
- The roles and responsibilites of physicians in patients' decisions about unproven stem cell therapies / Aaron D. Levine and Leslie E. Wolf
- Global policies and local practice in the ethical recruitment of internationally trained health human resources / Vivien Runnels, Corinne Packer, and Ronald Labonté
- Conditioning medical scholarships on long, future service : a defense / Nir Eyal and Till Bärnighausen
- A global legal architecture to address the challenges of international health worker migration : a case study of the role of nonbinding instruments in global health governance / Allyn L. Taylor and Ibadat S. Dhillon
- Clinical trials registration and results reporting and the right to health / Trudo Lemmens and Candice Telfer
- The new global framework for pandemic influenza virus- and vaccine-sharing / Robert Gatter
- Offshoring experiments, Outsourcing public health : corporate accountability and state responsibility for violating the international prohibition on nonconsensual human experimentation / Bethany Spielman
- Beyond patents : global challenges to affordable medicine / Cynthia M. Ho
- Combating antibiotic resistance through the health impact fund / Kevin Outterson, Thomas Pogge, and Aidan Hollis
- Electronic medical tourism and the medical world wide web / Gil Siegal
- Legal and regulatory barriers to telemedicine in the United States : public and private approaches toward health care reform / Deth Sao, Amar Gupta, and David A. Gantz
- Global health governance as shared health governance / Jennifer Prah Ruger
- Global health care is not global health : populations, inequities, and law as a social determinant of health / Daniel S. Goldberg
- Global rights and the sanctity of life / Pavlos Eleftheriadis.