International labour law /
- Publication info:
- Alphen aan den Rijin : Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, c2011.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Corporate Subject:
- International labour law / Jean-Michel Servais.
- Main Author:
- Servais, Jean-Michel.
Alphen aan den Rijin : Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, 2011
- 3rd ed., rev.
- Uniform Title:
- Item Description:
"This book was originally published as a monograph in the International Encyclopedia of Laws/Labour law and industrial relations."
- Physical Description:
372 p. : port. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 51-64) and index.
Table of Contents
- General introduction. The founding principles of the ILO and their relevance today
- The social clause dilemma
- The constitutional framework
- The sources of international labour law. The ILO Constitution
- The international labour conventions
- The other standard-setting instruments
- Conflicts between international labour standards
- The content of international labour standards. Freedom of association and social dialogue
- Labour and employment
- Social security
- The effectiveness of international labour standards. The supervision and promotion of ILO standards
- Implementation difficulties.