Sexual violence as an international crime : interdisciplinary approaches /
- Publication info:
- Cambridge : Intersentia, c2013.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
|Due: Jan 22, 2018||LAW-BOOK|
On the Shelf
- Sexual violence as an international crime : interdisciplinary approaches / edited by Anne-Marie De Brouwer, Charlotte Ku, Renée Römkens, Larissa van den Herik.
- Other Authors:
Cambridge : Intersentia, 2013
- Meeting Name:
Sexual Violence as an International Crime : Interdisciplinary ApproachesSystematic Sexual Violence and Victims' Rights
- Item Description:
"The editors would like to thank the sponsors and participants of the two colloquia, "Sexual Violence as an International Crime : Interdisciplinary Approaches" and "Systematic Sexual Violence and Victims' Rights" held in The Hague in 2009 and 2011 respectively that provided the content for this volume"--Acknowledgements, p. v.
- Physical Description:
xxiv, 400 p. : ill., maps ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references.
Table of Contents
- Interdisciplinary approaches to recognizing, investigating and prosecuting sexual violence as an international crime / Anne-Marie de Brouwer, Charlotte Ku, Renée Römkens and Larissa van den Herik
- Treatment of sexual violence in armed conflicts : a historical perspective and the way forward / Kelly Askin
- Prosecuting gender-based persecution as an international crime / Valerie Oosterveld
- Prosecuting sexual violence against men and boys / Sandesh Sivakumaran
- Future challenges to prosecuting sexual violence under international law : insights from ICTY practice / Michelle Jarvis, Elena Martin Salgado
- The prosecution of rape and sexual violence : lessons from prosecutors at the ICTR / Linda Bianchi
- The place of sexual violence in the strategy of the IC prosecutor / Luis Moreno-Ocampo
- Jurisprudential developments relating to sexual violence : the legacy of the Special Court for Sierra Leone / Teresa Doherty
- Victims of sexual and gender-based crimes before the Extraordinary Chambers in the Courts of Cambodia : challenges of rights to participation and protection / Silke Studzinsky
- Ethical, safety and methodological issues related to collection and use of data on sexual violence in conflict / Chen Reis
- Investigation of crimes of sexual and gender-based violence under international criminal law / Maxine Marcus
- Evidence-based documentation of gender-based violence / Lynn Lawry, Kirsten Johnson and Jana Asher
- 'Reasonable grounds' evidence involving sexual violence in Darfur / John Hagan, Richard Brooks and Todd Haugh
- Partners for gender justice / Brigid Inder
- 'How can you meet your rapist and shake his hand?' : the role of documentarians in creating awareness about sexual violence : an interview with filmmakers Ilse and Femke van Valzen / Rachel Irwin
- Voices of court members : a phenomenological journey : the prosecution of rape and sexual violence at the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia (ICTY) and the Bosnian War Crimes Court (BIH) / Sara Sharratt
- How to move forward? : interdisciplinary approaches to recognizing, investigating and prosecuting sexual violence as an international crime / Anne-Marie de Brouwer, Charlotte Ku, Renée Römkens and Larissa van den Herik.