Legal-lay communication : textual travels in the law /
- Publication info:
- Oxford, [United Kingdom] : Oxford University Press, c2013.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Legal-lay communication : textual travels in the law / edited by Chris Heffer, Frances Rock, and John Conley.
- Other Authors:
Oxford, [United Kingdom] : Oxford University Press, 2013
- Local Note:
Canadian contributor: Susan Ehrlich, York Univeristy.
- Physical Description:
xiv, 332 p. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Textual travel in legal-lay communication / Frances Rock, Chris Heffer and John Conley
- The transformation of discourse in emergency calls to the police / Mark Garner and Edward Johnson
- From legislation to the courts : providing safe passage for legal texts through the challenges of a police interview / Georgina Heydon
- 'Every link in the chain' : the police interview as textual intersection / Frances Rock
- Theatricks in the courtroom : the intertextual construction of legal cases / Katrijn Maryns
- Travels of a suspect's statement / Martha Komter
- Embedding police interviews in the prosecution case in the Shipman trial / Alison Johnson
- Tracing crime narratives in the Palmer trial (1856) : from the lawyer's opening speeches to the judge's summing up / Dawn Archer
- Post-penetration rape and the decontextualization of witness testimony / Susan Ehrlich
- Communication and magic : authorized voice, legal-linguistic habitus, and the recontextualization of "beyond reasonable doubt" / Chris Heffer
- Troubling the legal-lay distinction : litigant briefs, oral argument, and a public hearing about same-sex marriage / Karen Tracy and Erica L. Delgadillo
- The discourse of DNA : giving informed consent to genetic research / John M. Conley Jr., Jean Cadigan, Arlene M. Davis, Allison W. Dobson, Erin Edwards, Wendell Fortson and Robert Mitchell
- Travelling texts : the legal-lay interface in the highway code / Bethan L. Davies
- Recalling rape : moving beyond what we know / Shonna Trinch.