Protection of First Nations cultural heritage [electronic resource] : laws, policy, and reform /
- Publication info:
- Vancouver : UBC Press, c2009.
- EBook, Book, Online
- Protection of First Nations cultural heritage [electronic resource] : laws, policy, and reform / edited by Catherine Bell and Robert K. Paterson.
- Corporate Author:
- Other Authors:
Vancouver : UBC Press, 2009
- Physical Description:
xx, 441 p. ; 24 cm.
- Technical Details:
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Bibliography:Includes bibliographical references (p. -418) and index.
- ISBN:0774814632 (hc)9780774814638 (hc)9780774857222 (e-book)
- Access:Access restricted to York University faculty, staff and students.Limited to one user at a time and no downloads.
Table of Contents
- Restructuring the relationship : domestic repatriation and Canadian law reform /Catherine Bell
- International movement of First Nations cultural heritage in Canadian law /Catherine Bell and Robert K. Paterson
- The protection and repatriation of indigenous cultural heritage in the United States /James Nafziger
- Ancestral remains in institutional collections : proposals for reform /Robert K. Paterson
- Unsitely : the eclectic regimes that protect aboriginal cultural places in Canada /Bruce Ziff and Melodie Hope
- Policies and protocols for archeological sites and associated cultural intellectual property /Geroge P. Nicholas
- The interconnection of intellectual property and cultural property (traditional knowledge) /Robert G. Howell and Roch Ripley
- First Nations intangible cultural heritage concerns : prospects for protection of traditional knowledge and traditional cultural expressions in international law /Rosemary J. Coombe
- Non-legal instruments for the protection of intangible cultural heritage : key roles for ethical codes and community protocols /Kelly Bannister
- Indigenous cultural heritage rights in international human rights law /Mohsen al Attar, Nicole Aylwin, and Rosemary J. Coombe
- From time immemorial : the recognition of aboriginal customary law in Canada /Norman Zlotkin
- Looking beyond the law : questions about indigenous people's tangible and intangible property /Val Napoleon.