Writing the winning thesis or dissertation : a step-by-step guide /
- Publication info:
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin Press, c2013.
Peter F. Bronfman Business Library
On the Shelf
- Writing the winning thesis or dissertation : a step-by-step guide / Randy L. Joyner, William A. Rouse, Allan A. Glatthorn.
- Main Author:
- Joyner, Randy L.
- Other Authors:
Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin Press, 2013
- 3rd ed.
"This reader-friendly resource provides specific models and examples that break down the process into easily understood components with clear directions, from beginning to end. Major topics include: laying the groundwork for the thesis or dissertation; organizing and scheduling your work; collaborating with peers; using technology; solving problems throughout the dissertation process."--
- Item Description:
Prev. ed. main entry under Glatthorn, Allan A.
- Physical Description:
xx, 303 p. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 287-289) and index.
9781452258782 (pbk. : alk. paper)1452258783 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- Laying the groundwork for the thesis and dissertation
- Dealing with institutional requirements
- Finding a research problem
- Conducting a focused review of the literature
- Making a preliminary choice of methodology
- Organizing and scheduling your work
- Developing the prospectus and organizing the committee
- Conducting a comprehensive critique of the literature
- Detailing the methodology
- Developing and defending the proposal
- Implementing the research design
- Mastering the academic style
- Organizing the dissertation
- Writing the introductory chapter
- Writing the review of the literature
- Explaining the methodology
- Presenting the results
- Summarizing and discussing the results
- Preparing and holding the dissertation defense
- Publishing from the thesis or dissertation.