Curriculum and the culture wars : debating the Bible's place in public schools /
- Publication info:
- New York : P. Lang, c2014.
On the Shelf
- Curriculum and the culture wars : debating the Bible's place in public schools / Melissa Deckman & Joseph Prud'homme, editors.
- Other Authors:
New York : P. Lang, 2014
- Physical Description:
vi, 222 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
9781433118487 (pbk. : alk. paper)1433118483 (pbk. : alk. paper)9781453909423 (e-book)1453909427 (e-book)
Table of Contents
- Introduction / Melissa Deckman
- A handbook for republican citizenship?: the American founders debate the Bible's use in public schools / Daniel L. Dreisbach
- Religious literacy in public schools: teaching the Bible in America's classrooms / Melissa Deckman
- Studying the Bible in public schools: sounds good in theory, but
- / Barry W. Lynn
- Teaching about the Bible in public schools: a religious studies framework / Diane L. Moore
- American public opinion and the "culture war" politics of teaching human evolution / George F. Bishop, Misook Gwon, and Stephen T. Mockabee
- Below the (Bible) belt: religion and sexuality education in American public schools / Mark Carl Rom
- State versus parental control of education / Kenneth Godwin and Richard Ruderman
- Conclusion / Joseph Prud'homme.