Criminalizing women : gender and (in)justice in neo-liberal times /
- Publication info:
- Halifax, N.S. : Fernwood, c2006.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
- Criminalizing women : gender and (in)justice in neo-liberal times / edited by Gillian Balfour and Elizabeth Comack.
- Other Authors:
Halifax, N.S. : Fernwood, 2006
- Local Note:
Osgoode faculty contributor: Shelley A.M. Gavigan.
- Physical Description:
382 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 343-382).
Table of Contents
- The feminist engagement with criminology / Elizabeth Cormack
- Sluts and slags : the censuring of the erring female / Joanne C. Minaker
- The in-call sex industry : classed and gendered labour on the margins / Chris Bruckert and Colette Parent
- Surviving colonization : Anishinaabe Ikwe gang participation / Nahanni Fontaine
- Representation of women in the drug trade / Susan C. Boyd
- The making of the black widow : the criminal and psychiatric control of women / Robert Menzies and Dorothy E. Chunn
- From villain to victim : secure care and young women in prostitution / Steven Bittle
- From welfare fraud to welfare as fraud : the criminalization of poverty / Dorothy E. Chunn and Shelley A.M. Gavigan
- Therapeutic programming as a regulatory practice in women's prisons / Shoshana Pollack
- Empowering risk : the nature of gender-responsive strategies / Kelly Hannah-Moffat
- Passing the buck : transcarceral regulation of criminalized women / MaDonna R. Maidment
- Lifer's thoughts / Yvonne Johnson
- Are women's rights worth the paper they?re written on? : collaborating to enforce the human rights of criminalized women / Gayle Horii, Debra Parkes, and Kim Pate
- Making change in neo-liberal times / Laureen Snider.