The philosophical origins of modern contract doctrine [electronic resource] /
- Publication info:
- Oxford [U.K.] : Clarendon Press ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2011, c1991.
- EBook, Book, Computer Resource, Online
- The philosophical origins of modern contract doctrine [electronic resource] / by James Gordley.
- Main Author:
- Gordley, James.
- Corporate Author:
Oxford [U.K.] : New York : Clarendon Press ; 2011
Electronic text and image data. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University of Michigan, MPublishing, 2014. Includes both TIFF files and keyword searchable text. ([ACLS Humanities E-Book]) Mode of access: Intranet.
- Physical Description:
263 p. ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -255) and index.
Access restricted to York University faculty, staff and students.
Table of Contents
- Aristotle and Thomas Aquinas
- Roman law and the medieval jurists
- Discontinuity in the natural law tradition
- The Anglo-American reception
- The nineteenth-century reformulation
- Liberalism and nineteenth-century contract law