- Publication info:
- Markham : Lexisnexis Canada, 2014.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
|Due: Feb 29, 2020||LAW-BOOK|
On the Shelf
Law of slander, libel, scandalum magnatum, and false rumours : including the rules which regulate intellectual communications affecting the characters of individuals and the interests of the public ... / by Thomas Starkie ; with notes and references to American decisions / by Thomas Huntington.
KF 1266 F64U 1832A
- Libel / Peter A. Downard.
- Main Author:
- Downard, Peter.
Markham : Lexisnexis Canada, 2014
- 3rd edition.
- Physical Description:
xxxiii, 350 pages ; 23 cm.
Includes bibliographic references and index.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1. Libel Law and Legal Values
- Chapter 2. Libel and Freedom of Expression
- Chapter 3. The Defamatory Statement
- Chapter 4. Reference to the Plaintiff
- Chapter 5. Publication
- Chapter 6. Justification
- Chapter 7. Absolute Privilege
- Chapter 8. Reports Privileged By Statute
- Chapter 9. Qualified Privilege At Common Law
- Chapter 10. Responsible Communication
- Chapter 11. Fair Comment
- Chapter 12. Consent
- Chapter 13. Notice Requirements and Limitation Periods
- Chapter 14. Remedies
- Chapter 15. Slander and Other Torts.