Canadian trade-mark law benchbook /
- Publication info:
- Toronto : Carswell, 
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
Circular of the Department of Agriculture containing "The Trade mark and design act of 1879," and "The Act respecting the marking of timber, 1870," with rules, regulations and forms respecting the same, approved by the Governor General, in Council, on the 19th May, 1879 = Circulaire de Département de l'Argriculture contenant "L'Acte des marques de commerce et dessins de fabrique de 1879," et "L'Acte des marques de bois de 1870," ainsi que les règlements et formules s'y rattachant, approuvês par le Gouverneur -- Général en Conseil le 19 Mai 1879. --
KF 3180 C38 1879
A digest of the law of trademarks : as presented in the reported adjudications of the courts of the United States, Great Britain, Ireland, Canada and France from the earliest period to the present time : together with an appendix containing the United States statutes concerning trademarks, and the rules and forms of the United States patent office for their registration / by Charles E. Coddington.
KF 3180 C63 1878
- Canadian trade-mark law benchbook / editor, Donald M. Cameron, Bereskin & Parr LLP.
- Other Authors:
- Second edition.
- Variant Title:
- Canadian trademark law benchbook
- Local Note:
Osgoode regular stacks copy contains CD in slip at back of book.
"Originally done as a resource for Canadian judges, Canadian Trade-Mark Law Benchbook provides a thorough analysis of Canadian trade-mark law. Contributors use their considerable experience to bring their unique insights and provide clarity to Canadian trade-mark law. In conjunction with Canadian Patent Law Benchbook, new members of the intellectual property bar and those seeking to refocus their skills on the fundamental legal and business realities of IP law are provided with meaningful interpretations of these aspects of law."
- Physical Description:
lxxxvii, 510 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm + CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.)
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Toronto : Carswell, 
- Copyright Notice Date:
Table of Contents
- Overview of trade-mark law in Canada / Toni Polson
- Registrability and entitlement / Cynthia Rowden
- "Use" in the Trade-marks Act and section 45 proceedings and section 57 proceedings / Gordon Zimmerman, Colleen Spring Zimmermann
- Opposition proceedings / R. Scott MacKendrick, Christina Capone Settimi
- Distinctiveness / Michelle Wassenaar, Andrea Long, and Alpesh Patel
- Passing off : section 7 of the Trade-marks Act / Arthur B. Renaud, Barry Gamache
- Infringement and depreciation of goodwill / John C. Cotter and Alexander Monic
- Litigation procedures and remedies / Michael Manson, Mark Evans
- Surveys and related market evidence in Canadian litigation / Ruth M. Corbin
- Official marks / Susan D. Beaubien, Adele J. Finlayson
- Trade-marks as business assets (assignments, licensing and security interests)
- Janet Fuhrer, Timothy C. Bourne, Russell P. Latham.