The changing landscape of global financial governance and the role of soft law [electronic resource] /
- Publication info:
- Leiden, The Netherlands ; Boston : Brill Nijhoff, 
- EBook, Book, Online
- The changing landscape of global financial governance and the role of soft law [electronic resource] / edited by Friedl Weiss, Armin J. Kammel.
- Other Authors:
Leiden, The Netherlands ; Boston : Brill Nijhoff, 2015
Electronic monograph in PDF format.
- Physical Description:
1 online resource (xxii, 424 p.) : ill. (chiefly color), maps (chiefly color)
Includes bibliographical references and index.
9789004280328 (electronic book)
Access restricted to York University faculty, staff and students with a valid York University IP address.
Table of Contents
- Key theoretical parameters of the soft law debate : a basic overview / Chris Brummer
- Government versus markets : a change in financial regulation / Armin J. Kammel
- A law and economics framework for financial regulation / Aristides N. Hatzis
- The device of soft law : some theoretical underpinnings / Friedl Weiss
- The dogma of capital regulation as a response to the financial crisis / Heidi Mandanis Schooner
- The politics of international financial law in the aftermath of the global financial crisis of 2008 / Douglas W. Arner
- The changing landscape of European financial supervision from an institutional perspective / Alfred Schramm
- The Dodd-Frank act does not solve the too-big-to-fail problem / Arthur E. Wilmarth, Jr
- Say on pay, soft law and the regulatory focus on enforcement and transparency / Poonam Puri and Simon Kupi
- Consumer protection through soft law in an era of global financial crisis / Ruth Plato-Shinar and Rolf H. Weber
- Moving from soft law to hard law in the derivatives arena : a case study / Christian A. Johnson
- Financial crises and the changing relationship between banks and their customers in Singapore / Sandra Annette Booysen
- From rule-taker to rule-maker: China's changing roles in global banking regulation / Chao Xi
- Regional economic and financial integration in Asia : challenges from the global and financial crisis / Chayodom Sabhasri
- The debt crisis and its impact on developing countries / Jamshid Damooei
- Limiting financial crisis: demands on the new financial architecture from the perspective of NGOs and developing countries / Stephany Griffith-Jones and Matthias Thiemann.