The great explorers : Canada's story.
- Publication info:
- London : Henry Frowde : Hodder & Stoughton, [1912?] (London and Bungay : Richard Clay & Sons, Limited)
Clara Thomas Archives and Special Collections
- The great explorers : Canada's story.
- Corporate Author:
- Other Authors:
London : Henry Frowde : 1912(London and Bungay : Richard Clay & Sons, Limited)
- Portion of Title:
- Canada's story
- Local Note:
SC-SPCOLL copy: original green cloth binding, printed images on front and spine, lettering in green. Inscription on front free endpaper.
- Item Description:
Endpaper illustrations by W. G. Easton.Colour illustrations by W. R. S. Stott.Green cloth boards with colour cover and spine illustration; decorated endpapers.Cover illustration signed: A.M., 1910.
- Physical Description:
2 unnumbered pages, 160 pages, 4 leaves of color plates : color illustrations, map.
Table of Contents
- John and Sebastian Cabot: the first voyage to Newfoundland [from "Discoveries and travels in North America" / by Hugh Murray]
- Jacques Cartier: the story of Cartier's discoveries [from "Pioneers of France in the New World" / by Francis Parkman]
- Martin Frobisher: the second voyage of Martin Frobisher [from Hakluyt's "Voyages"]
- Sir Humphrey Gilbert: Sir Humphrey Gilbert's discoveries [from "Voyages and travels" / by John Harris]
- John Davis: a search for the North-West Passage [from "Discoveries and travels in North America" / by Hugh Murray]
- Samuel de Champlain: Champlain at Quebec [from "Pioneers of France in the New World" / by Francis Parkman]
- Henry Hudson: Hudson's last voyage [from "Adventures of Henry Hudson" / by Francis Lester Hawks]
- Pierre Esprit Radisson: Radisson among the Indians [from Radisson's "Voyages"]
- Pierre de la Vérandrye
- Samuel Hearne: Journey to the Coppermine River [from "Discoveries and travels in North America" / by Hugh Murray]
- Sir Alexander Mackenzie: Crossing the continent [from "The journal of a voyage through N. W. America" / by Sir A. Mackenzie].