Cabinet studies : a reader /
- Publication info:
- New York : St. Martin's Press, 1975.
On the Shelf
- Cabinet studies : a reader / edited by Valentine Herman and James E. Alt. --
- Other Authors:
New York : St. Martin's Press, 1975
- Item Description:
- Physical Description:
xxvi, 302 p. : graphs ; 23 cm.
Bibliography: p. 293-295.
Table of Contents
- The life of the Cabinet: Rose, R. The making of Cabinet ministers. Alt, J. E. Continuity, turnover, and experience in the British Cabinet, 1868-1970. Herman, V. Comparative perspectives on ministerial stability in Britain. Madgwick, P. J. Resignations. George-Brown, Lord and Thorneycroft, Lord. Personal views of ministerial resignation.
- The environment of the Cabinet: Headey, B. Cabinet ministers and senior civil servants. Punnett, R. M. Her Majesty's shadow government. Seymour-Ure, C. The Cabinet and the lobby. Tunstall, J. Two styles of government-press relations.
- The Cabinet at work: Butler, Lord, interviewed by N. Hunt. Reflections on Cabinet government. Jenkins, R. On being a minister. Gordon-Walker, Lord. Two imaginary Cabinet meetings. Daalder, H. Cabinet reform since 1914. Fox, J. The brains behind the throne.