Current thought in musicology /
- Publication info:
- Austin : University of Texas Press, c1976.
On the Shelf
- Current thought in musicology / edited by John W. Grubbs, with the assistance of Rebecca A. Baltzer, Gilbert L, Blount, and Leeman Perkins. --
- Other Authors:
Austin : University of Texas Press, 1976
- Physical Description:
xiii 313 p. : ill., facsims., music ; 27 cm.--
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Grubbs, J. W. Introduction.
- Seeger, C. Tractatus esthetico-semioticus; model of the systems of human communication.
- Hamm, C. The ecstatic and the didactic; a pattern in American music.
- Carter, E. Music and the time screen.
- Brown, H. M. Instruments and voices in the fifteenth-century chanson.
- Lockwood, L. Nottebohm revisited.
- Heartz, D. The chanson in the humanist era.
- Chase, G. Musicology, history, and anthropology; current thoughts.
- Reaney, G. The prospects for research in Medieval music in the 1970's.
- Duckles, V. The library of the mind; observations on the relationship between musical scholarship and bibliography.
- Notes on the contributors.