The governance of Britain /
- Publication info:
- New York : Harper & Row, ©1976.
- Book, Print
Leslie Frost Library
On the Shelf
- Personal Subject:
- The governance of Britain / Harold Wilson.
- Main Author:
- Wilson, Harold, 1916-1995.
New York : Harper & Row, 1976
- 1st U.S. ed.
- Item Description:
SC-SPCOLL copy: From the Leo Panitch fonds (F0164).
- Physical Description:
xiii, 219 pages, 1 unnumbered leaf of plates : portrait ; 25 cm
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Forward: Britain's government
- cabinet or Prime Minister?
- The evolution of the Prime Minister
- The Prime Minister and his cabinet
- The cabinet at work
- No. 10 and the cabinet office
- First Lord of the treasury
- Home and overseas
- British industry and overseas relations
- The Prime Minister and Parliament
- The Prime Minister and his party
- The Prime Minister and national security
- Transatlantic comparisons
- Collective responsibility
- Chequers and its ambience
- The 'agreement to differ' and the 1932 'precedent'
- The supply estimates
- The 'political advisers' experiment
- Statement on industrial strategy (NEDC 5 November 1975).