The Revolutionary War in the South--power, conflict, and leadership : essays in honor of John Richard Alden /
- Publication info:
- Durham, N.C. : Duke University Press, 1979.
On the Shelf
- Personal Subject:
- The Revolutionary War in the South--power, conflict, and leadership : essays in honor of John Richard Alden / edited by W. Robert Higgins. --
- Other Authors:
Durham, N.C. : Duke University Press, 1979
- Physical Description:
xxii, 291 p. ; 25 cm.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Table of Contents
- Abbot, W. W. John Alden the historian.
- Greene, J. P. Character, persona, and authority: a study of alternative styles of political leadership in Revolutionary Virginia.
- Higgins, W. R. The ambivalence of freedom.
- O'Donnell, III, J. H. The South on the eve of the Revolution.
- Higginbotham, R. D. James Iredall and the Revolutionary politics of North Carolina.
- Cavanagh, J. C. American military leadership in the Southern campaign: Benjamin Lincoln.
- Nelson, P. D. Major General Horatio Gates as a military leader.
- Potts, L. W. Arthur Lee, autonomy, and diplomacy in the American Revolution.
- Hargrove, R. J. Portrait of a Southern patriot: the life and death of John Laurens.
- Gruber, I. D. Britain's Southern strategy.
- Ferguson, C. R. Functions of the partisan-militia in the South during the American Revolution.
- Jones, E. The British withdrawal from the South, 1781-85.