Political sociology : readings in research and theory /
- Publication info:
- New Brunswick, N.J. : Transaction Books, c1980.
On the Shelf
- Political sociology : readings in research and theory / [edited by George A. Kourvetaris, Betty Dobratz. --
- Other Authors:
New Brunswick, N.J. : Transaction Books, 1980
- Physical Description:
ix, 443 p. ; 24 cm.
Includes bibliographies and index.
Table of Contents
- The field of political sociology revisited: Kourvetaris, G. A. and Dobratz, B. A. The state and development of political sociology.
- Conceptual/theoretical and pedagogical perspectives: Braungart, R. G. Political sociology: a proposed agendum for theory construction. Wasburn, P. On teaching political sociology.
- Conventional political participation: Olsen, M. E. A model of political participation stratification. Carmines, E. G. A competence theory versus need theory of political involvement. Lopreato, J., Bean, F. and Lopreato, S. C. Mobility and political behavior. Segal, D. and Knoke, D. The impact of social stratification, social mobility, and status inconsistency of the German party infrastructure. Kuo, W. Black political participation.
- Unconventional political participation: Halebsky, S. New perspectives on political radicalism. Portes, A. and Ross, A. A model for the prediction of leftist radicalism.