Suing the press /
- Publication info:
- New York : Oxford University Press, 1986.
Osgoode Hall Law School Library
On the Shelf
A brief to the Law Amendments Committee, Nova Scotia Legislative Assembly, with respect to Bill no.115 : an act to control the storage and supply of personal information by consumer reporting agencies / submitted by the Consumer Law Course, Faculty of Law, Dalhousie University. --
KF 1266.5 C7 D35 1973A
- Suing the press / Rodney A. Smolla. --
- Main Author:
- Smolla, Rodney A.
New York : Oxford University Press, 1986
- Item Description:
- Physical Description:
viii, 277 p.
Bibliography: p. 259-267.
0195039017 (alk. paper)
Table of Contents
- The thinning American skin
- The trials of Martin Luther King : the New York times case
- From chasing Communists to fighting Lillian Hellman : the libel suit as guerilla warfare
- Ariel Sharon v. Time magazine : the libel suit as political forum, international style
- "I read it in the Enquirer
- Carol Burnett and Henry Kissinger!" : the Carol Burnett case
- Jackie Onassis, Elizabeth Taylor, Clint Eastwood, and Mohammed Ali
- of public personality and private property
- From "touching" to "missing" : libel arising from fiction and docudrama
- Of Vanessa Williams and Jerry Falwell : the contributions of Penthouse to the First Amendment
- Mobil Oil meets the Washington Post : can investigative journalism ever be objective?
- Westmoreland v. CBS : litigating the symbols and lessons of Vietnam
- "I'm okay but you're sued."