Group Study Rooms are available for students who wish to work together in a collaborative environment. These rooms are available at Scott, SMIL, Steacie, Bronfman and Frost libraries. Most rooms can be booked online at any time. The Law Library hosts its own booking system.
- You must be a current York undergraduate or graduate student with a passport york account to book rooms in the Scott , Peter F. Bronfman Business Library, Steacie Science & Engineering Library or Leslie Frost libraries.
- A student may book a room for one time slot per day.
- The duration of a time slot is in half-hour increments to a maximum of 3 hours.
- Bookings cannot be made more than 14 days in advance.
- A minimum of 2 people is necessary in order to book a room.
- Only the person who created a reservation may delete it.
- An entry must be made in the NAME field to identify the booking. It is not necessary that this be your actual name.
In addition, the following apply in the Sound and Moving Image Library (SMIL)
- A minimum of four(4) people is necessary in order to book a room.
Rooms that are not booked or not occupied within the first 10 minutes of a booking will be made available for others to use. Most rooms will accommodate up to 6 or 8 people, however some can only accommodate 3 or 4. The room capacity is indicated in parentheses beside the room name on the booking calendar.