Welcome! This page contains information, resources and updates regarding the development of York University Libraries’ Strategic Plan 2021-2026.
York University’s Academic Plan (UAP) 2020-2025 is about “coming together to make positive change for our students, our campuses and our local and global communities.” Foundational to the UAP is its foyulcus on charting a path to positive change in relation to six priorities for action as stated on page 4 of the UAP. The six priorities are conceptualized within the following interdependent dimensions:
York University 2020-2025 UAP Priorities
- 21st Century Learning: Diversifying Whom, What, and How we Teach
- Knowledge for the Future: From Creation to Application
- From Access to Success: Next Generation Student Supports
- Advancing Global Engagement
- Working in Partnership
- Living Well Together
York University Libraries is developing its own five-year Strategic Plan for 2020-2026. A Strategic Planning Steering Committee will engage in a consultative process and create a plan that will align with the UAP and its associated documents, including the Strategic Research Plan, Indigenous Framework, the Framework on Black Inclusion, Internationalization Strategy, Open Access Policy, Sustainability Strategy, Faculty Plans, SMA3 and the soon to be developed Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Framework and YUL’s own EDIAR plan.
The YUL Strategic Planning Steering Committee will raft an inspirational YUL Strategic Plan 2021-2026 that aligns with the UAP, fulfills our mission and embodies our values by engaging in a consultative and transparent process that focuses outward, de-silos operations, fosters collaboration, and empowers staff to fulfill their academic and administrative roles within the institution.
Strategic Plan 2021-2026 will:
- Have an eye to strengthening organizational leadership structures, leadership programs, human resources structures and organizational workflows to support strategic initiatives, and a 21st century Library profile that builds organizational capacity and capitalizes on our strengths.
- Align with the UAP’s associated documents that include the Strategic Research Plan, Indigenous Framework, the Framework on Black Inclusion, Internationalization Strategy, Open Access Policy, Sustainability Strategy, Faculty Plans, SMA3 and the soon to be developed Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Framework.
Through a consultative process, the Steering Committee will:
- Review the YUL 2016-2020 Strategic Plan
- Consider how to map to the University’s UAP and York’s 2020-2025 Strategic Mandate Agreement
- Identify key areas where Libraries have primacy within the UAP and recommend focus.
- Align the Libraries EDIAR planning and strategy within the plan.
- Consider consultations with non-YUL key stakeholders and users in this process.
The York University Libraries Strategic Planning Steering Committee membership consists of:
- Joy Kirchner, Dean of Libraries
- Jack Leong, Associate Dean, Research & Open Scholarship (Associate Dean representative)
- Aaron Manton, Communications Manager
- Colette Leier, Executive Officer and Sophie Bury, Director Learning Commons (Director/ Manager representatives)
- Kalina Grewal and Kris Joseph (Librarian/Archivists representatives)
- Trevor Daniels and Bhash Deonandan (Staff representatives)