Contact the Resource Sharing Department at email@example.com or (416) 736-5808.
WHO MAY USE THE SERVICE
The service is available to faculty, staff, and students who hold a valid York University Library card. External borrowers (Alumni, Direct, Extra-mural, etc.) are not eligible.
We cannot process requests for a user whose library card is blocked.
WHAT CAN BE REQUESTED
We try to procure books, microfilm, copies of journal articles, and other material not owned by, or are missing from the York University Libraries collections.
Due to other libraries' policies, publisher restrictions or copyright laws, there are some items that cannot be fulfilled through this service. Contact the Resource Sharing Department for inquires. Some of these items include:
- Whole Journal volumes or issues cannot be borrowed
- Multiple articles from one journal issue, or copies of more than one chapter from a book
- Rare Books and original manuscripts
- Audio-visual materials. Consult staff in the Sound and Moving Image Library for Interfilm information.
- Patents and standards
Our service is free of charge with the following exceptions:
- Copies of manuscripts and other special items. You will be notified in advance of any charges that may apply.
- Borrowed material lost or damaged by the user may incur a charge for repair or a replacement fee. This fee is determined by the lending library.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
Items can arrive within three days and most items available from a Canadian library arrive within two weeks. International requests can take longer to obtain. If you have time restrictions, note this on the request form and/or discuss it with a Resource Sharing staff member.
Requests for articles or book chapters take approximately two to five working days and will be delivered via email containing a secure web link with instructions for retrieving it.
PICK-UP AND RETURN OF MATERIALS
Pickups are available in-person from the service desks at Scott, Bronfman, Steacie or Frost Libraries or through the Keele and Glendon book lockers.
RACER books can be returned to any library book return drop slot, in person, or the Glendon book lockers. Borrowed items must be returned with the book band still affixed.
LOAN PERIODS AND RENEWALS
Loan periods are determined by the lending library. The average loan is six weeks. Most items can be renewed.
Contact the Resource Sharing Department to request a renewal.
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES
If you require assistance with pickup or return of interlibrary loan material, please contact us and we will try to make suitable arrangements.