You may submit a request for an IN PROCESS or ON ORDER item.
Note: The Law Library will not accept requests for ON ORDER items.
To request an IN PROCESS or ON ORDER item:
- Find the specific material you want in the York Libraries Catalogue. A request will not be submitted if:
- The item is intended for reserve
- Your borrowing privileges are blocked or expired
- Click on the button in the catalogue, fill in the form and submit it
Other information to note:
- An IN PROCESS item will usually be available within 3 working days from the date the request was submitted
- Once the item has been catalogued, a hold will be placed and the item will be held for 7 days at the location indicated on the request
- You must remember which library you selected as the pick-up location (this information does not appear in My Account or on the availability notice)
- Non-circulating items and special format materials, including periodicals, reference items, special collections, microfiche, microfilm, audio and visual formats will be available only at the home location. You must check directly with the location.
- When you submit a request for an ON ORDER item, you will be notified when the item is received and catalogued (approximately 3-12 weeks). At the point of receipt the procedures for notification are the same as IN PROCESS items.