York University Libraries now has access to a fantastic corporate social responsibility research (CSR) tool called the Greenleaf Online Library (GOL). This database provides faculty and students with 24/7 unlimited on-campus and off-campus access to online books and selected journals. Greenleaf Publishing, the provider behind GOL, is a major specialist publisher in the field of CSR research. The books in GOL cover a variety of subject areas such as:
- Social responsibility of business
- Recent books in the GOL include: Creating Social Value: A Guide for Leaders and Change Makers & Case Studies in Sustainability Management: The Oikos Collection
- Sustainable development
- Recent books in the GOL include: Sustainable Strategic Management & The Sustainable Business: A Practitioner’s Guide
- Environmental aspects
- Recent books in the GOL include: New Business Models for Sustainable Fashion & The Long Hedge: Preserving Organisational Value through Climate Change Adaptation
Searching the GOL through the catalogue:
1. Search the Library’s catalogue for Greenleaf Online Library, limit the search to Author Keyword Search, and click Find:
2. This will take you to a list of all of the eBooks and eJournals in this subscription. Additional book titles for 2015 will be added throughout the year. To access a book or journal, click on the Click to access this resource link in the item's record:
Use the following features to refine your GOL search in the catalogue:
1. You can limit your search to only GOL eBooks or eJournals by clicking on one of the format types in the left-hand side Format facet:
2. Another great feature about accessing the GOL content through the catalogue is that you can click on any of the subjects listed under the left-hand side Subject facet to see a list of GOL books and journals that cover your selected subject:
Searching the GOL database directly:
1. Search the Library’s catalogue for Greenleaf Online Library, limit the search to Title Keyword Search, and click Find:
2. You'll be taken to a list of records. Click on the Click to access this resource link for the first resource listed:
3. Now you’ll be in the Greenleaf Online Library. There are a few useful features you can access from the home page, such as Search and Browse GOL. You can use these two features to search for content in the GOL.
We hope that you’ll enjoy this new eResource at the Bronfman Library! If you’re working on a CSR research project, we also recommend checking out the Business Ethics and the Corporate Governance research guides. They’ll point you to a number of other useful resources to use when conducting CSR research at York.
Happy researching and if you need any help navigating the GOL or any other library resources, make sure to reach out to the Bronfman Library staff. We’re always happy to help you out!