The staff of the Peter F. Bronfman Business Library want this place to be one in which you feel comfortable while pursuing your studies. We recognize that sometimes food and drink play a role in studying and learning. However, food and drink can also damage library material, equipment and furnishings, attract rodents and insects, and it may disturb other library users.
The following policy is intended to balance the needs of the library with the convenience of our users. Please respect the following guidelines:
- Use covered beverage containers, i.e. containers that have a lid.
- Non-alcoholic drinks only
- Cold foods only (e.g. sandwiches, fruit, candy)
- No styrofoam containers
- No deliveries
- No food or drink at computer workstations
- Recycle bottles
- Place trash in receptacles
- Be considerate of others and clean up after yourself
- We know that accidents happen, so if you accidentally spill something please clean it up and let a staff member know so that we can ensure that damaged materials are properly treated.
We encourage students to be environmentally-friendly by carrying re-useable mugs or screw-top bottles to limit unnecessary waste.
This policy has been designed to balance the needs of the library with the convenience of our patrons. We encourage you, the library patron, to help us monitor this policy. However, if a library staff member observes abuse of this policy the offending person will be asked to desist or leave the library.
It’s up to you to make this approach work, so help us ensure this happens. Afterall, it's your library too. Thank you for helping us maintain a clean study environment.