Finding research data
- DataCite is a single place to search across many disciplinary repositories. The National Research Council of Canada is a member.
- re3data.org is a registry of research data repositories. Searches can be filtered by a number of dimensions, including Country and Subject area.
- FigShare is a searchable repository of data that allows researchers to upload their research outputs.
- The Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR) maintains and provides access to a vast archive of social science data for research and instruction. The site also offers training in quantitative methods to facilitate effective data use. The data files can be used with statistical software, such as SAS, SPSS, and Stata.
- The University of Minnesota offers a list of publicly accessible data repositories categorized by subject.
Citing Research data
The following resources offer guidance in the citing of research data: