The Scott Library on the Keele campus houses the social sciences, humanities, fine arts, and environmental studies collections. Materials include books, journals, microtext, maps, audiovisual formats, archival holdings, government documents, and electronic resources.
- The first floor houses
- the Ask Us Desk
- Building Services
- Student Computing Help Desk
- Library Accessibility Services
- Copy Centre
- Computer Laboratory
- group study rooms
- Family Room
- The second floor is home to
- the Learning Commons where you can find expertise to assist you with research, learning skills, writing, ESL and careers.
- the Research Drop-in Desk (staffed by librarians)
- the Resource Sharing Department whose staff is available to assist you with using the RACER Interlibrary Loan system.
- study spaces to match your habits and needs – from quiet, reflective areas (Silent Study Hall, Current Periodical Reading Room, Marsden Salon), to group study rooms with large LCD screens, to a comfortable, open area (the Collaboratory) that invites you to actively engage with your peers.
- The third through fifth floors are where you will find millions of books that support over half of the research and teaching at York. Also, the Graduate Reading Room is on the fourth floor and on the fifth floor you will find two instruction rooms, where many workshops and classes are held that will help guide you to finding the right resources from not only these millions of volumes, but also from the millions of online articles and e-books the Libraries’ subscribe to, as well as to learn to be to be discerning in effectively using the free web.
Study seating, computer workstations, and wireless connectivity are available throughout the building. If you have any questions, please drop by our Ask Us Desk on the first floor.