Terms of Reference
- Each appointment to the Chair will be a limited term appointment for up to three years.
- A committee will be established to undertake a search for the Chair.
- The selection will be based on the quality of the proposed research program along with evidence for the successful completion of the research proposal.
- The successful candidate must have at least a master’s in library science or archival studies from an ALA accredited university.
- The successful candidate would be an active and valued member of York University Libraries with office space, personal computer equipment, conference/travel funds and access to library and campus support systems.
- The holder of the Chair (the Chairholder) will be required to provide an annual report of research activities to the University Librarian.
- The Chairholder is required to provide W.P. Scott lecture or symposium relating to the theme of their research. This would be open to the professional library community.
- The Chairholder is required to provide a presentation to members of York University Libraries and others on the results of their activities.
- The Chairholder will have at least one opportunity to meet with members of the Scott family in a setting that is agreeable to both parties.