Open Access and Open Data Steering Committee
Welcome to the pages of the Open Access and Open Data Steering Committee. This site will feature communications from the committee and links to campus-wide resources and reference materials.
The Open Access and Open Data Steering Committee will engage in broad stakeholder discussions to advance the following goals:
- To coordinate campus-wide education on open access and data management particularly in light of Tri-Agency Open Access Policy requirements and the Tri-agency Statement of Principles on Digital Data Management.
- To articulate a framework and coordinated service models that support faculty with these requirements.
- To create a wider forum for discussion and consideration on changes to the system of scholarship, sustainability of current economic models of scholarship, access to publicly funded research, issues surrounding authors rights in the digital age, and new scholarly distribution systems and other connected open movements.
Communications from the committee and its working groups can be found below:
- Open Access Town Hall – Keele Campus – April 10th at 3:00pm-4:30pm in the Senate Chamber
- Assemblée sur le thème du libre accès le 7 mars (9h30 au YH C123, campus Glendon) / Town hall meeting on the topic of open access on March 7th (9:30 in YH C123 – Senate Chamber, Glendon campus)
- May 9th, 2017: Chuck Humphrey, Director of Portage Network Canada to speak about the research data landscape in Canada
- September 23rd, 2016: Executive Director of Research Data Canada, Mark Leggott