Open Access and Open Data Steering Committee
Welcome to the pages of the Open Access and Open Data Steering Committee. This site will feature communications from the committee and links to campus-wide resources and reference materials.
The Open Access and Open Data Steering Committee will engage in broad stakeholder discussions to advance the following goals:
- To coordinate campus-wide education on open access and data management particularly in light of Tri-Agency Open Access Policy requirements and the Tri-Agency Research Data Management Policy requirements.
- To articulate a framework and coordinated service models that support faculty with these requirements.
- To create a wider forum for discussion and consideration on changes to the system of scholarship, sustainability of current economic models of scholarship, access to publicly funded research, issues surrounding authors rights in the digital age, and new scholarly distribution systems and other connected open movements.
The Steering Committee is currently consulting with Faculty Councils to discuss the draft Research Data Management Strategy for York University. Please see the RDM Strategy webpage for more information including a link to our FAQ about the strategy.
The consultation schedule is as follows:
- Dean’s Forum – October 25th, 2022
- Associate Deans of Research – October 25th, 2022
- Graduate Studies, Faculty Council – November 3rd, 2022
- Schulich School of Business, Faculty Council – November 4th, 2022
- Lassonde School of Engineering, Faculty Council – November 4th, 2022
- Liberal Arts and Professional Studies, Faculty Council – November 10th, 2022
- Glendon Faculty Council – November 25th, 2022
- Health, Faculty Council – December 7th, 2022
- Environmental and Urban Change – December 15, 2022
- Osgoode, Faculty Council – January 9, 2023
- Science, Faculty Council – January 10th, 2022
- Arts Media Performance and Design, Faculty Council – January 11, 2023
- Education, Faculty Council – January 19, 2023