York University Libraries capture and preserve web content that falls under York University’s Common Records Schedule, as well as occasional crawls of York University web properties where resources can permit so.
Captured and preserved web content by York University Libraries can be found here.
York University Libraries is unable to accept crawl suggestions, or solicitations for web crawls outside the scope listed above. If you're looking for ways to capture and preserve a given website, there are a couple of options.
- Internet Archive's Save Page Now
- This method only captures a single page. If an entire website needs to be captured, a list of URLs would need to be compiled and submitted.
- Content is captured and preserved by Internet Archive.
- Webrecorder's archive.page
- This method requires the user to browse through the website of their choice, and “record" it. If an entire website needs to be captured, it must be browsed in its entirety.
- Content is captured and preserved locally, and can be replayed with replayweb.page.
Should you wish to preserve specific documents and/or items from a website, YorkSpace, York University’s Institutional Repository, provides York community members with a place to preserve their research online in an institutional context. For more information, please visit the Libraries About YorkSpace page.