Ask a Question
Due to COVID-19, research help services cannot be offered in-person currently. Please see below for information on the the range of services York University Libraries are currently offering online:
YorkU Libraries Chat
- to connect with a York library staff member
- for instant chat
- for option of Zoom (talk and screen share)
- for research help from Library staff at Ontario universities (including York University) by instant chat or text
- for assistance when YorkU Libraries Chat is not available (offers longer evening hours, as well as weekend hours)
YorkU Learning Commons Chat
- to connect with a Learning Skills Peer for help navigating the academic supports and services of the Learning Commons, e.g. writing and english language assistance, career help, and learning skills support
- for instant chat and Zoom option (talk and screen share)
Book a Consultation
- for help from a subject specialist or data librarian via zoom
- for complex questions or in-depth assistance
Email or FAQ Service
- for quick or general questions about library resources, services, policies etc.
- when other online services are not open, allows you to search our FAQ or submit a question.
Explore on-campus studying facilities, services and learning opportunities.
Providing you with key supports for your learning in one comfy space.
Looking for the right place to study? Find a collaborative or individual study space that’s suited to you.
Learn about curbside pickup services and place requests.
Get connected! Find details about our computing system, including network access, software and other services.
Discover computing services and network access available on and off York campus.
Learn how to print, photocopy and scan in the libraries across campus.
Visiting campus? Learn how to get connected to the catalogues, databases, journals and resources you need.
Faculty & Graduate Support
Find information on the various supports and services available to York’s faculty members and graduate students.
A wealth of resources, facilities and services to assist with your research and teaching.
The tips, tools and resources you need to be successful in your Masters or PhD.
Everything from booking a library class, to linking to e-resources in Moodle.