York University Libraries offer bookable consultations with librarians for students and faculty. In light of COVID-19 at the current time these are only available online (via Zoom).
Our Reference Services can answer many questions.
For complex questions and in-depth assistance, an individual virtual research appointment with a librarian can be arranged. Examples of how a librarian can help or advise include:
- Refining research topics and developing research strategies
- Using the best search tools and databases for your assignments or research projects
- Evaluating information sources for research projects
- Conducting research for theses, dissertations or major papers
- Conducting research for literature reviews
- Finding geospatial information, maps or data and statistics
To book a virtual consultation with a librarian, choose the affiliation that applies to you:
Note that by requesting a service, you are consenting that York University Libraries can use your personal information to respond to your query.