York University Libraries’ first W.P. Scott Chair for Research in E-Librarianship (2010-2013), Adam Lauder, has situated his research within the interdisciplinary fields of digital humanities and critical information studies.
Lauder is developing an online catalogue raisonné of the work of IAIN BAXTER&, the IAINBAXTER&raisonnE. He is editor of a book featuring new work by BAXTER&, H& IT ON (YYZ, 2012), that includes an essay by Lauder which situates Bertram Brooker and BAXTER& within a specifically Canadian tradition of information art.
Lauder has also written a chapter on Brooker that appears in The Logic of Nature, The Romance of Space as well as an article on the relationship between the artist-advertiser and the Toronto School of Communication published in the journal TOPIA.
Lauder has contributed articles to Canadian Art, Border Crossings, C and Hunter and Cook magazines as well as the journals Art Documentation, Technoetic Arts, Future Anterior and The Journal of Canadian Art History.
- Art Documentation paper
- “&man & e-Chair” graphic novel
- Abstracts from “interPLAY” symposium
- “raisonnE as an interactive archive and virtual research environment,” paper presented at UCLA, 2010
- “IB&raisonnE catalogue raisonné as artist-centred design,” paper delivered at spring 2012 ARLIS/NA conference
- “About” description of IB&raisonnE
- Interview with artist IAIN BAXTER&, “What is Information?”
- Recorded portion of interPLAY symposium
- Studio tour with IAIN BAXTER&
- Adam Lauder moderating, “Publish! Graduate Students Discussing their Work in Publishing.”