M.Sc. in Dairy Microbiology (NDRI, India), MES (York University), MISt (University of Toronto)
102L, Steacie Science & Engineering Library
York University Libraries
Toronto, ON M3J 1P3
Tel: +1-416-736-2100 ext. 20396
Rajiv is a Science Librarian at the Steacie Science & Engineering Library, York University. His subject areas include Biology, Kinesiology & Neuroscience. He is currently working on projects related to e-books, mobile devices, citation management programs & open access publishing.
Papers & Articles available in YorkSpace
- Yates, E., Hampson, C., Hatherill, J., Lavigne, J., Nariani, R., Paterson, J., Shires, M., & Tiessen, R. (2016) Library Open Access Funds in Canada: Review & Recommendations Submitted by CARL Open Access Working Group – Canadian Association of Research Libraries (CARL-ABRC)
- Nariani, R. (2014) “Accessing E-Content Using iPads” In Tablet Computers in the Academic Library Rebecca K. Miller, Heather Moorefield-Lang, and Carolyn Meier (Eds.), ALA Editions (2014), eEditions e-book. select content through Google Books & the e-book at YUL
- Nariani, R. (2013) PubMed Central Canada: Beyond an Open Access Repository? The Journal of Academic Librarianship Volume 39, Issue 1. (January 2013) In YorkSpace
- Fernandez, L., Nariani, R., and Salmon, M. (2012) Promoting Open Digital Scholarship: A Canadian Library Perspective. World Digital Libraries, December 2012, vol. 5. issue 2. 59-69
- Nariani, R. and Fernandez, L. (2012) Open Access Publishing: What Authors Want College & Research Libraries. Vol. 73, No. 2 pg. 182-195, March 2012
- Fernandez, L. and Nariani, R. (2011) Open Access Funds: A Canadian Library Survey Partnership The Canadian Journal of Library & Information Practice & Research Vol 6, No 1, (2011)
- Nariani, R. (2011) WizFolio: Reference Management Program Product Review in SLA BioFeedback (Publication of SLA Biomedical & Life Sciences Division [DBIO]) Vol. 36 No. 1 Winter 2011
- Nariani, R. (2010) WizFolio The Charleston Advisor, Vol 12, No 2, October 2010, pg. 41-47(7)
- Nariani, R. (2010) RSS Feeds from STM Databases: Innovative Possibilities Issues in Science & Technology Librarianship Spring 2010 No. 61
- Gravely-Witte, S., Leung, Y. W., Nariani, R., Tamim, H., Oh, P., Chan, V., & Grace, S.L. (2010). Effects of cardiac rehabilitation referral strategies on referral and enrollment rates. Nature Reviews Cardiology, 7, 87-96 (February 2010) | doi:10.1038/nrcardio.2009.223
- Nariani, R. (2009) E-Books in the Sciences: If We Buy It Will They Use It? Issues in Science & Technology Librarianship Fall 2009 No. 59
- Nariani R. (2009) RSS Feeds in STM Databases SLA BioFeedback (Publication of SLA DBIO)
Conference Presentations – link to presentations in YorkSpace
- Nariani, R (2016) “The Changing Landscape of Citation Management Tools: York University Faculty & Students Survey Results” 2016 OLA Super Conference Toronto, ON presented on 28th Jan 2016
- Nariani, R., Ithayakumay Y. (2015) “Learning Mendeley through Certification Program for Librarians” 2015 Charleston Library Conference Charleston, SC, USA presented on 5th Nov. 2015
- Nariani, R., Korhonen, K., & Kunttu, K. (2015) “Learning Mendeley through Certification Program for Librarians” Webinar presented on August 19, 2015.
- Green, M., Chang, J., Abaza, Y., Qin, T., Josephine, H., Nariani, R., Levinson, C., McKelvey, H., & Berard, L. (2015) “Effect of learning resources on Mendeley user adoption and productivity” – Poster presented at SLA 2015 Annual Conference, Boston (MA), USA
- Nariani, R. (2013) “The Growth of Open Access Across Canadian Universities” Presentation (H62) at the Canadian Library Association National Conference 2013, Winnipeg, Manitoba : Winnipeg Convention Centre: May 29 – June 1, 2013. Presentation in YorkSpace
- Nariani, R. (2012) “PubMed Central Canada & Faculty Perspectives: Open Access to Health Research at York University” Presentation at Canadian Library Association Annual Conference 2012, 30th May -2nd June 2012, Ottawa Convention Centre, ON, Canada
- Nariani, R. (2011) “Capturing Facets of Institutional Research: Developing an Assessment and Evaluation Toolkit ” Hands-on workshop delivered at WILU 2011, 1st -3rd June 2011, University of Regina, Regina, SK.
- Nariani, R. (2011) “Redefining Roles of Academic Librarians: Participating in the Research Intensification Process” Canadian Health Libraries Association (CHLA/ABSC 2011) Conference May 26-30th 2011, Calgary, Alberta. Slides
- Nariani, R. (2011) “Enticing Graduate Students and Faculty Members: Librarians Creating Research Webs” LILAC 2011 18-20th April 2011 at the British Library & London School of Economics Library, London, England.
- Nariani, R., Fernandez, L. (2011) “Publishing Trends & OA Journals at York University ” Selected results from their recently conducted CARL survey on OA Funding. Presented at OLA Super Conference, Toronto 3rd Feb 2011. Presentation
- Nariani, R., Fernandez, L. (2010) “Road to Open Access in the Sciences: Exploring publishing trends in OA journals at York University” Conference presentation at Special Libraries Association (New Orleans, USA) on 14th June 2010. Paper Presented at SLA as a part of the Biomedical and Life Sciences Contributed Papers Session
- Fernandez, L., Nariani, R. & Salmon, M. (2010) “Promoting Public Access Policies – A New Role for Librarians” Conference presentation at Special Libraries Association (New Orleans, LA USA). Paper Presented at SLA as a part of the Science-Technology Division Contributed Papers Session Complete paper available from Sci-Tech News journal
- Nariani, R. (2010) Comparing Scholars Portal & ebrary e-book platforms: Super Conference OLA 2010 (Toronto, 27th Feb 2010)
- Fernandez, L., Nariani, R. & Salmon, M. (2010) “Promoting Open Digital Scholarship – A Canadian Library Perspective” – International Conference on Digital Libraries, New Delhi, India. 24th Feb 2010.
- E-books in the Sciences: Gauging Faculty & Graduate Students Needs Paper presented (presentation) at Special Libraries Association Annual Conference in June 2009 (Washington, DC).
- Chemistry Librarians Conference at University of Toronto in June 2009: The Chemistry of Scopus & Web of Science
- Ontario Library Association Super Conference 2009 – Simplifying Research Using RSS
- Using Online Tools to Engage the Science Community at York University – Poster presentation at Special Libraries Association Annual Conference in June 2008 in Seattle, WA
- Chemistry Librarians Conference at University of Toronto in June 2008: Ebooks in the Academic Environment – An Update
- TRY (Toronto Ryerson York) Conference 2008: Using New Books Blog at Steacie Library to understand Academic Community Needs
- TRY Conference 2007(Presentation I, Presentation II)
- Rajiv Nariani Google Scholar Citations
- Rajiv Nariani ORCID
- IFLA 2016: Received the IFLA 2016 National Committee Fellowship Grant to attend the 82nd IFLA General Conference and Assembly in Columbus OH, USA. 13-19 August 2016
- Attended the CARL-LRI: http://www.carl-abrc.ca/en/research-libraries/librarians-research-institute/2013-librarians-research-institute.html held at the Univ. Of Regina from 17th to 20th June 2013.
- Presented a hands-on workshop on WizFolio at the University of Toronto – 3rd March 2011
- Participated and presented on Scholars Portal Day, Dec 2010 “Evaluation & Assessment a la Carte: A sampling of initiatives at OCUL libraries“
- Accessing Electronic Books @ YU: Spring 2010 Faculty Newsletter
- Conducted an information session for faculty and graduate students about York University Libraries support for CIHR Policy on Public Access to Research Outputs. 21st Jan 2010
- Facilitated a session on E-books: opportunities, issues and impact on teaching & learning. Scholars Portal Day at University of Toronto 11th Dec 2009
- CIHR Policy & Open Access to CIHR funded projects: Presented to Faculty of Health in June 2009 along with Leila Fernandez and Marcia Salmon
- Web of Science & Scopus – Helping Us Connect & Collect: Presentation to the Library Forum at York University Libraries in April 2009
- EBooks Platform Refresher presented at Library Forum (YUL) in 2009 along with Catherine Davidson (AUL) & Heather Fraser (Head, Bibliographic Services)
- MES Project “Sustainability Indicators for Monitoring Mercury Contamination in the Eastern Atlantic Provinces of Canada“