In addition to traditional forms of publishing, you can share your work directly with the public in many new ways, from online-only showcases of your research to multimedia companion pieces for books and research papers. We can help make your work visible to the world.
Open Access Publishing
Open, accessible publications are becoming the norm, and many organizations require scholars to publish Open Access.
- Open access publishing and your author rights
- Understanding green and gold open access publishing
- Learn how to choose an appropriate journal for publishing research
- Make your work visible and available by depositing it in YorkSpace
- York University Senate Policy on Open Access
Scholars are increasingly taking charge of their own publishing in order to ensure others can find their work. At York University, we provide several options:
- Learn about YorkSpace (our institutional repository) and the York University Digital Library (our preservation repository)
- Create and manage a York-affiliated journal with York Digital Journals (currently home to more than 30 peer-reviewed publications)
- Create dynamic online texts with Scalar
Ensure that your scholarly identity is established online, and use tools to track the reach and impact of your work: