As of June 14th, we have resumed all interlibrary loan services. Please be aware that due to reduced in-person staffing and delays in shipping, turnaround times will be longer than normal.
Please note the following changes:
- Pickup of RACER material will be available through the YorkU Libraries' Lockers.
- You will receive an email confirmation from YorkU Libraries not RACER when your request is available for pickup.
- Borrowed material must be returned by the due date. The due date is printed on the bookband wrapped around the item you have borrowed. It is not the date indicated in OMNI. Renewals are possible for most requests.
- RACER items can be returned at the Keele and Glendon campuses at the Scott and Frost Library book drop-off bins and the book drop-off bin outside the first Student Centre.
Email us if you have any questions or would like to place a renewal request: firstname.lastname@example.org
RACER Interlibrary Loan
Rapid Access to Collections by Electronic Requesting (RACER) is York University’s virtual union catalogue allowing users to seamlessly search and borrow items from all university libraries and collections across Ontario.
If you study at Keele Campus and want to borrow a book from Glendon Campus – or vice versa – please see Intercampus Borrowing.
To use RACER, York U students, faculty and staff must follow a two-step pre-registration process:
- Enter Library User Authentication (Passport York)
- Complete RACER End User Registration (click on Register First time only)
Before making an online request, please review policies & procedures - see below.