*NEW SERVICE: YorkU students, faculty, and staff have access to almost 23.5 million print resources through the Omni search system. Omni is a collaborative effort between 16 partner university libraries in Ontario. Click here for more information.
- If an Omni request cannot be filled by an Omni partner, it will be transferred to RACER for fulfillment.
- Continue to use RACER to place requests for copies of journal articles and book chapters.
Please be aware of the following changes to RACER:
- Pickup of RACER material will be available through the YorkU Libraries Hold 'n Go Lockers.
- You will receive an email confirmation from YorkU Libraries not RACER when your request is available for pickup.
- Borrowed material must be returned by the due date. The due date is printed on the bookband wrapped around the item you have borrowed. It is not the date indicated in Omni. Renewals are possible for most requests.
- RACER items can be returned at the Keele and Glendon campuses to any library return book drop.
Email us if you have any questions or would like to place a renewal request: email@example.com
RACER Interlibrary Loan
Rapid Access to Collections by Electronic Requesting (RACER) is York University’s virtual union catalogue allowing users to seamlessly search and borrow items from all university libraries and collections across Ontario.
If you study at Keele Campus and want to borrow a book from Glendon Campus – or vice versa – please see Intercampus Borrowing.
To use RACER, York U students, faculty and staff must follow a two-step pre-registration process:
- Enter Library User Authentication (Passport York)
- Complete RACER End User Registration (click on Register First time only)
Before making an online request, please review policies & procedures - see below.