PRINT RESERVES & DIGITIZATION OF CONTENT FOR COURSE READINGS
Access to print course reserve materials are available for 24h loan periods.
To provide students with remote access to course reserve materials, the library purchases e-books instead of print books where possible. E-resource permalinks can be embedded in the course learning management system, ex. Canvas or eClass. Please consult the library's Creating Permalinks for EResources Guide for more information. Duplicate copies of Bronfman and Steacie library course reserve items have been added to the Scott course reserve collection as well, to provide greater access.
Libraries Partnering with the Copyright Office to Facilitate Access to Course Readings
In partnership with the Copyright Office, York University Libraries are offering services to assist faculty in providing access to digital versions of course readings, where possible, through a combination of strategies, including permalinks, acquisition of e-resources, and scanning where York University’s Fair Dealing Guidelines permit.
- Please send your reading list or syllabus to email@example.com
- Staff will create permalinks to library content where possible.
- For cases where the request involves print-based materials:
- If no digital version of the work is available for use in a classroom environment, a determination will need to be made about whether selections fall within York University’s Fair Dealing Guidelines. Where this applies, the approved excerpts will be scanned from the print collection and emailed to you from the firstname.lastname@example.org email account for posting on your eClass or Canvas course web site. Please consult the library's Creating Permalinks for EResources Guide for more information.
Questions? Please contact your liaison librarian or the reserves staff of the appropriate library:
- Scott Library Reserves email@example.com
- Education, Environmental Studies, Fine Arts, Humanities, & Social Sciences
- Steacie Science & Engineering Library Reserves firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health, Sciences, & Engineering
- Peter F. Bronfman Business Library Reserves email@example.com
- Business & Economics
- Leslie Frost Library Reserves firstname.lastname@example.org
- Glendon Programs