Printing at the Library
|All printing, photocopying, and saving of information is expected to abide by York University’s Copyright requirements (https://copyright.info.yorku.ca/).|
Printing is available remotely through personal laptops and other devices as well as from all library computer workstations. York University YU-Cards or guest cards are required to release print jobs and there are several locations where you can pick up your printouts throughout all branches.
Print charges are 10¢ per page for black and white printing and 25¢ per page for colour printing. YU-cards and Guest cards can have cash options for funds added for printing via the YU-card fill stations by the Print and Copy Centre and credit card options are available online at the YU-card website.
- Printing from a library desktop: Your step-by-step guide to printing at a printer from a library desktop.
- Printing from your laptop with WebPrint: Instructions on how to connect wirelessly to printers from your laptop using AirYork.
- Printing in the Libraries: Once you’ve sent your document to print, you’ll need to know where a nearby print station is located.
- Scott Library Print and Copy Centre – Scott Library first floor lobby
- Loran R Marsden Salon – Scott Library second floor
- Graduate Reading Room – Scott 409 (for graduate students only)
- Steacie Library – lobby
- Bronfman Library – Reading room by the front door
- Frost Library – lobby
- Photocopying: All printers are combination printers and photocopiers Photocopying costs 10¢ per black and white page and 25¢ per colour page.
- Scanning & Microfilm:
- Scanners are available in Scott Library, located in the Map Library (Scott 102) and the Print and Copy Centre in the Scott lobby area as well as at Bronfman, Frost, and Steacie libraries.
- Microfilm and microfiche materials are stored in the Microtext Centre in Scott 118. Scanpro 3000 devices accessible with a Passport York. Guest accounts are available for viewing, printing, scanning and saving.
Users requiring assistance with finding resources or using the equipment are asked to call 416-712-2703.
Please do not re-shelve materials once you have finished with them.