On May 2nd, we will be going live with an exciting new service model on the 1st floor of the Scott Library. This new configuration of services will be available on a pilot basis for the duration of the summer (May-August).
Ask Us Desk
We will be launching this new service desk where the Circulation/Reserves Desk has been. This desk will continue to be the place to check out books, course reserves, laptops, etc, but this will also serve as a one stop desk for any library questions you may have. Here are the kinds of things you can get help with here:
- How to use the library (policy, directions, etc)
- Checking out books, etc.
- Course reserves
- Title look-ups (do we have a particular book, journal)
- Library accounts & fines
- How to get remote access to online material
- How to use an e-book
Please note: the Information Desk on the 2nd floor will not be in operation during the summer. Information Desk questions can be answered from the Ask Us Desk.
Research Questions Desk (formerly on the 2nd floor)
A librarian will be available alongside the Ask Us Desk for core library hours if you have specific research level questions. The Ask Us Desk can refer you to the librarian if you are unsure if your question is a research question. Here are some thing the Research Question Desk can help you with:
- How to start research on a topic
- How to evaluate sources of information etc.
- Tools for citing your sources
Building Services Desk
This desk (formerly the "Welcome Desk") is just to the left of the entrance. This is the place for help with anything related to the building or equipment:
- Guest accounts for library workstations
- Security related issues (esp. if Security services are not present to the right of the entrance)
- Study rooms
- Help finding and using microtext
- Lost & found
- Maintenance issues