On Thurs., March 25 from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. EDT, York University Libraries and York’s Open Education Steering Committee will host a Zoom panel discussion on the use of open educational resources (OER) and open pedagogy in York courses during the COVID-19 campus closure.
Participants will hear from YorkU course instructors, students, and an instructional designer about their experiences with OER and open pedagogy.
Event panelists include:
YorkU Course Instructors:
- Dawn Bazely, University Professor, Department of Biology, Faculty of Science
- Deborah Davidson, Associate Professor, Department of Sociology, Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies
- Matthew Dunleavy, PhD Candidate & Course Director, Department of English, Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies
- Iqra Aqib, 3rd year student in the Honours Human Resource Management program
- Cheyenne Gumbs, graduate of York University’s Bachelor of Science program
- Araceli Ferrara, 4th year student in the Honours Theatre & History program
- Jonathan Whatley, Instructional Designer, Editor & Writer
Register now for the Exploring Open Education at York University panel event!
Our virtual open education book display highlights eBooks that describe how OER and the open education movement are improving student access to course learning materials and providing instructors with greater flexibility in the classroom. This display also includes resources that show faculty how to get started with creating OER and developing open pedagogy assignments.