- The scope of following guiding principles for managing electronic resources packages (stand-alone ebooks are excluded from these guidelines) is mainly for electronic resources purchased by York University Libraries (YUL) and York University Law Library and managed locally.
- Electronic resources purchased by consortium such as OCUL and CKRN will be managed by the OCUL Collaborative Futures Network Zone Eresources Management Working Group
- The following guiding principles will be used in making decisions as to locally load vendor supplied catalogue records or activate Community Zone electronic resources
- Electronic resources management
General Guiding Principles:
- Activate Community Zone Electronic Resources if:
- The majority of Community Zone electronic resources records meets or exceeds the minimum bibliographic standards for network zone electronic resources outlined in the following draft OCUL Collaborative Futures Metadata Policy (OCUL CF Draft Policy Bibliographic Standards for Network Zone Electronic Resources)
- The Community Zone (CZ) electronic resources collection is complete (the number of records in the CZ is similar to the number of vendor supplied catalogue records).
2. Load Locally Vendor Supplied Electronic Resources:
- Otherwise, load locally vendor supplied electronic resources catalogue records. And check the community zone records regularly to see if their quality improved and meet the criteria above.
Policy Review Information
- These guiding principles will be reviewed periodically
- First draft of policy created: October 13, 2021
- Second draft of policy created: October 14, 2021
- Approved by Content Development and Analysis Department: October 18, 2021
- Responsibility: Metadata Policy Working Group