- York University Libraries will be closed Monday February 19 for Family Day.
Clara Thomas Archives & Special Collections
The Clara Thomas Archives and Special Collections consist of university records, private papers, rare books, maps and other primary source material acquired to support research and learning by the university’s faculty, students, and a community of international scholars. The holdings are strong in the areas of Canadian history, fine arts (design, photography, music, film, theatre), philosophy, environmental history, and sexual diversity. We welcome all researchers and visitors; however, a visit to the Clara Thomas Archives and Special Collections (CTASC) is a different experience from visiting another department or section of the library.
The reading room of the Clara Thomas Archives & Special Collections is open for research visits on the following conditions:
• Access is by appointment only and appointments must be made in advance.
• Appointments are usually available from Monday to Friday, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
• Researchers must complete a virtual registration form provided by Archives and Special Collections and submit it by email prior to their first visit.
• Researchers must submit a list of up to six items to be examined during their initial visit. Additional material can be retrieved during visits based on staff availability.
• Researchers are welcome to use digital cameras to take images of our holdings for their personal use and private study.
• Face masks are no longer required to be worn on campus, but we strongly encourage researchers to continue wearing them to help prevent the transmission of COVID-19.
Please contact us at email@example.com to make an appointment to use our holdings.
About Clara Thomas
Professor Clara Thomas was the long-time friend and champion of Archives and Special Collections. Read more about Professor Thomas here.
Ask & Services
We’re online to help you with all your research needs and questions. Just ask!
Archival research can be a (rewarding) challenge! Learn more about what to expect when you visit us.
Want to use a historical photo? Photocopy a pamphlet? Donate to the archives? Find out more…
Research & Learn
Connect with our library resources and services to get the help you need.