The reading room of the Clara Thomas Archives & Special Collections is open for research visits on the following conditions:
• Access is by appointment only and appointments must be made in advance.
• Appointments are usually available from Monday to Friday, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
• Researchers must complete a virtual registration form provided by Archives and Special Collections and submit it by email prior to their first visit.
• Researchers must submit a list of up to six items to be examined during their initial visit. Additional material can be retrieved during visits based on staff availability.
• Researchers are welcome to use digital cameras to take images of our holdings for their personal use and private study.
• Researchers must complete York’s online COVID-19 screening at https://yorku.ubixhealth.com/login the day of their appointment and show proof of completing the screening when entering Scott Library.
• Researchers must provide proof of vaccination when entering Scott Library https://covid-19.ontario.ca/proof-covid-19-vaccination
• Researchers are required to wear a face mask in a manner that covers their mouth, nose, and chin when entering Scott Library and for the duration of their stay.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment to use our holdings.
For more information regarding financial assistance for research at the Clara Thomas Archives please see the information about the Kent Haworth Archival Research Fellowship