Book Locker Pickup
- YorkU community members can use the service to borrow circulating print books, CDs and DVDs. Print course reserves are not available through locker pickup.
- YorkU Libraries' Book Lockers are located on the Keele and Glendon campuses.
- You will receive an email notification when your requests are ready. Please do not come to campus until you have received the notice.
- To pickup your books, you will need your YU-card. If you do not have a YU-card, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-736-5181 to receive a barcode number that will open your locker.
- If you require an accessibility accommodation, or have other questions, please contact YorkU Libraries: email@example.com | 416-736-5181
- Keele Locker Pickup Location
- The Keele Lockers are located in Central Square, outside of the Scott Library.
- Requests for circulating items from the Scott Library are typically filled by the next business day. Requests for circulating items from other library locations will take longer to fill.
- Uncollected items will be removed from the lockers after 5 days and the request will be cancelled. You will receive an email notification if your request is cancelled.
- Central Square is open from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
- Glendon Locker Pickup Location
- The Glendon Lockers are located at the back of the Centre of Excellence. The Centre of Excellence is open from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
- Requests for circulating items from the Frost Library are typically filled by the next business day. Requests for circulating items from other library locations will take longer to fill.
- There is a book return bin in the Glendon lockers.
- Uncollected items will be removed from the lockers after 5 days and the requests will be cancelled.
Requesting in Omni
You can use Omni to search and request items for pickup from most York University Libraries, as well as from other Ontario university libraries.
To request items from the Bronfman, Frost, Scott and Steacie libraries,
- Enter your search terms in the YorkU Libraries' Omni search bar. Click 'Search'.
- Click into the record for the item you would like to request.
- Click 'Sign in' and login with your Passport York or Library Barcode / Password.
- At 'Request', click on your preferred pickup option (a book lockers or a library service desk). If 'Request' does not appear, the item is not eligible for the request and pick-up service.
- Click 'Send Request' to finalize your request.
For information on requesting items in Omni from other Ontario university libraries, please see Borrowing from Other Libraries Just Got Better!
Retrieval from storage is available for collections when the Request link appears for storage items not currently on loan. Pickup is usually available at any of York University Libraries’ branches or the Osgoode Hall Law Library unless the item is designated as in-house use only.
- Request from storage generally take 1-2 business days. You will be notified via email when it is available.