The Peter F. Bronfman Business Library supports 601 groups with locating secondary research for Phase 1 of their 601 projects in the following ways:
Part 1: Find a 601 Site
Consult our PDF resource on Creating a list of companies in a specific industry with Hoovers.
- This resource shows you how to create a list of companies operating in a specific industry and geographic location.
- Use this list for cold calling potential 601 sites.
Part 2: Complete the Getting Started with 601 Research template
Download a copy of the Getting Started with 601 Research template.
- This research template provides a list of key databases to consult when your group is looking for secondary resources on company, industry, market, and finance research topics for your 601 projects.
Part 3: Bronfman Library 601 Research workshop & video modules
In this workshop, you’ll learn how to find secondary research through the Library’s subscription-based resources that will help with your 601 capstone project. This workshop covers the following topics:
- Company research (publicly-traded and private companies)
- Competitor analysis
- Industry and market research
- Scholarly, industry/trade, and news article searches
Register for the workshop below by selecting the link. The workshop will be offered as a live synchronous Zoom session.
- Wednesday, May 25th, 2022 - 5:30pm-6:45pm EDT taught by Xuemei Li, Business Librarian
Students may also find it useful to consult the following video modules:
- Getting Started & Getting Help for Schulich Graduate Students During COVID-19
- Part 1: Company Research (Mergent Online, Lexis Securities Mosaic, Mergent Intellect, & PrivCo demos)
- Part 2: Industry and Market Research (BMI Research, IBISworld, Passport, Marketline demos)
- Part 3: Supply Chain and Business Article Research (ProcurementIQ, Omni search for articles, & Business Source Complete demos)