Discover the exciting world of open education during York University Libraries’ lunch and learn workshop, Exploring Open Education. During this workshop, attendees will learn more about the following topics:
- What is an open educational resource (OER)?
- How to access major OER repositories and locate resources that can be integrated into York courses.
- How OER improve student learning outcomes by ensuring affordability and equity of access to course materials.
- How OER provide faculty with the opportunity to experiment with open educational practices in their classrooms.
- How do open licenses, such as Creative Commons licenses, facilitate the creation of OER?
We welcome all educators and students to this lunch and learn workshop. In particular, faculty and educational developers will find this workshop to be very useful, as the topics introduce attendees to open educational practices that can be integrated into their course design processes.
- Date & Time: Wednesday, March 27, 11am-1pm
- Location: Kaneff Tower, Room 519
- Registration form: bit.ly/OpenEd19
- Lunch is provided!