For general help learning how to write and research for papers you can go the Learning Commons on the 2nd floor of the Scott Library. Throughout the school year they offer tutorials and workshops on things like using databases and avoiding plagerism.
We have a number of books in the library on the subject of learning how to write in the sciences. Here are a few favourites:
- Writing for science and engineering by Heather Silyn-Roberts [ebook]
- Academic Writing and Publishing by James Hartley
- Science Research Writing for Non-Native Speakers of English by Hilary Glasman-Deal
- Writing for Science by Robert Goldbort
- A Writer’s Handbook for Engineers by David McMurrey and Joanne Buckley
- Survival Guide for Scientists by Ad Lagendijk