June Hill, Reference Assistant, Bronfman Business Library
Published THursday October 31st, 2013
- You will find our 2nd scanner in the photocopy room.
- This scanner station has internet access so you can email scans right from the scanner computer.
- You can save your scans into My Documents as well as onto a USB key
Remember to keep copyright regulations in mind when scanning.
- you must have permission or a licence from the copyright owner; or
- comply with York University’s Fair Dealing Guidelines
Fair Dealing Guidelines for copying or scanning:
- up to ten (10) per cent of a copyright-protected work, or the following, whichever is greater:
a) one chapter from a book;
b) a single article from a periodical;
c) an entire artistic work (including a painting, print, photograph, diagram, drawing, map, chart, and plan) from a copyright-protected work containing other artistic works;
d) an entire newspaper article or page;
e) an entire single poem or musical score from a copyright-protected work containing other poems or musical scores; or
f) an entire entry from an encyclopedia, annotated bibliography, dictionary or similar reference work
From the Before You Copy Poster – link available on the Scanning & Copying page.