The Peter F. Bronfman Business Library supports 601 groups with locating secondary research for Phase 1 of their 601 projects in the following ways:
Part 1: Find a 601 Site
Consult our Step-By-Step Resource on Creating a list of companies in a specific industry (new tab).
- This resource shows you how to create a list of companies operating in a specific industry and geographic location using the databases, Hoovers and SimplyAnalytics.
- Use these lists for cold calling potential 601 sites.
Part 2: Complete the Getting Started with 601 Research template
Download a copy of the Getting Started with 601 Research template (new tab).
- This research template provides a list of key databases to consult when your group is looking for secondary resources on company, industry, market, and finance research topics for your 601 projects.
Part 3: Zoom Drop-In Sessions & Video Modules
If you still need help after completing the steps listed in Part 1 and Part 2 on this webpage, attend one of the Bronfman Library's Zoom 601 Drop-In sessions. You will be able to ask a business librarian to clarify how to use specific databases to locate secondary research on your 601 site.
Register for one of the below Zoom drop-in sessions:
- Tuesday, February 7th, 2023 from 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm EDT (new tab) - Led by Angie An, Business Librarian
- Wednesday, February 15th from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm ED (new tab) - Led by Stephanie Quail, Business Librarian
Students may also find it useful to consult the following eLearning modules:
- EMBA Self-Paced Library Research Module
- Getting Started & Getting Help for Schulich Graduate Students During COVID-19
- Part 1: Company Research (Mergent Online, Lexis Securities Mosaic, Mergent Intellect, & PrivCo demos)
- Part 2: Industry and Market Research (BMI Research, IBISworld, Passport, Marketline demos)
- Part 3: Supply Chain and Business Article Research (ProcurementIQ, Omni search for articles, & Business Source Complete demos)